According to an exhaustive nationwide investigation conducted just this past month, Britons generally spend approximately 92% of their time indoors:
- 74% in domestic properties and workplaces
- 12% in bars, restaurants, movie theatres, and alternative entertainment venues
- 6% in cars, vans, busses, and other vehicles
In this regard, it’s also worth mentioning that recent reports indicate that our indoor environments are filthier than they have ever been.
How Dirty is My Home and Office?
Even if your building appears to be spotless and hygienic, there are a few bits of information that you should be aware of:
- A standard office building or domestic abode will amass more than 22 pounds of dust, muck, and grime during a given year, and this filth circulates through the built-in ventilation system several times each day.
- One square metre of carpet can harbour upwards of 100,000 dust mites, and a single mite can produce dozens of waste droppings per day.
- Approximately 60% of dishwasher handles, oven knobs, toaster grips, and other household levers contain trace amounts of black yeast, mould, and other infectious elements.
- On average, the typical produce drawer in a refrigerator contains almost 800 times more bacteria than what is considered to be safe and acceptable.
As such, we have to take the time to ensure an unsoiled, sanitised, and healthy indoor environment on a year-round basis, but many of us don’t have the time or resources to dedicate hours upon hours to routine maintenance and extensive cleaning exercises.
What is the Most Cost-Effective Solution?
Your local Malvern cleaners can provide a turn-key, top-to-bottom cleaning service for any type of building. Best of all, you won’t have to spend a fortune to book a personalised appointment.
So be sure to visit the webpage of a trusted, time-tested cleaning firm to get in touch with a friendly team of experts.