If you have decided to sell your home in Brentwood, the next important thing you need to do is finding reliable Brentwood estate agents. However, what is the way to separate right estate agents from the wrong ones?
The first thing you need to keep in mind is that the agent is working for you. You should not feel an undue pressure from them to accept an offer. The final decision to accept rests with you. It can seem lucrative to choose an agent that offers low fees or high property valuation, but these may be misleading features. Read on to get some tips on how you can find the best estate agent in your area.
- Due diligence: It is said well begun is half done. How do you start looking for reliable estate agents? You have to look for agents who are experienced in selling properties similar to yours. This means that they already have a pool of prospective buyers. Additionally, it ensures that they know what buyers are looking for in a property.
- Find out prospective Brentwood estate agents in the local newspapers and on the internet. Apart from this, stroll in your area to find out the agents who are marketing properties like yours.
- You can ask your family, friends or co-workers if they know of trustworthy estate agents in the area. This is especially true if someone you know has recently sold a property. Find out how their experience was. People who have felt satisfied with a service would be happy to recommend you the same. Otherwise, you would know a place that you better avoid.
- Look for reviews and ratings of the shortlisted estate agents on independent business-rating websites like Yelp, or on forums for properties in your local area. Make sure you have done a thorough background check on the quality and the style of the services rendered by the agent.
- Make the final choice: Cut short your list to three estate agents. Invite them separately for a property valuation. Determine if they conduct viewings. Find out what marketing materials they would prepare (online tours, photographs etc). Check if they would advertise your property on the popular portals. Also, determine if they would provide an ‘on-sale’ board.
It is imperative to be cautious of property overvaluation. Make sure you check work experience and portfolio of estate agents you are going to hire. This would ensure that you get the best price for your home in the fastest way.